Friday, March 27th, 2020
Dear Beloved Church Family,
As we adjust to the new normal of our current circumstances, we pray this letter finds you safe, healthy, and hopeful. We acknowledge that these are difficult times we face in varying levels of severity. We also know that in times of crisis, when everything seems to be dark is when light can be seen all the more. Christians have the unique opportunity to truly be “salt and light” to the world for such a time as this. It is our prayer that we would all unite together through God’s empowering and not miss this chance to be the hands and feet of Jesus. People now more than ever are searching for hope and something to believe in. The doors for conversations about Jesus and why we place our hope and trust in Him are wide open. Let’s all be ready to explain the Good News of the Gospel with boldness and love. Even though the coming days, weeks, and months may be uncertain, our God stays the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is still on the throne and we can put our trust in Him.
We have been reminded by this pandemic that the church is not just a building, but a group of people committed to loving God and loving others. Thanks to your ongoing support, Hope in Action
has been able to faithfully serve over 200 families and deliver essential food to nearly 60 elderly people since March 18th. Just today, the ministry served 60 first-time clients! We have also picked up approximately 10,000 pounds of shelf-stable food from regional food banks to feed the needy in the local community. Praise God!
Please continue to support ministry at Hope Chapel as it still happens day-in-and-day-out. You may send your offering by mail to 2306 Pacific Coast Highway Hermosa Beach, CA 90254, give online
or through our Elexio Community app, or text ‘Give’ to 310-388-3448.
Now, for some important reminders, new updates, and helpful resources. Reminders:
• We will continue to live stream our services every Sunday at 9am and 11am on Hope Chapel Live
. Join us, and invite family and friends to tune in. You can host a Facebook Watch Party or share the stream on your Facebook page.
• Visit our Hope at Home
webpage and follow our Facebook
accounts for regular updates, words of encouragement and devotional videos from your Pastors throughout the week.
• Follow along the Unplug to Plug-In (the Word of God) 21-Day reading plan as we read through the New Testament together and prepare our hearts for Easter. You can find the reading plan here
• Have a prayer request? You can email our Prayer Team. Updates:
• ASL translation will be available during the 9am live service and Spanish translation at the 11am live service. The Spanish translation service can be accessed on our YouTube
• This Sunday's sermon notes and worship lyrics are available on our Hope Chapel Live
webpage and on the Facebook
• Testimonies edify and encourage the body of believers. If you’d like to share a testimony of how God has been working in your or your family’s life, please submit a 3 minute or less video or send a written testimony to our Pastors.
• MiniChurches are still meeting in creative ways using technology. Staying connected and plugged into community is so important in this time of “social distancing” and “safer at home.” If you’re not currently a part of a MiniChurch, now is a good time to join. Visit Find a MiniChurch
and choose a MiniChurch that works for you. Resources:
• We’ve put together a few worship playlists that contain many of the current songs we sing together as a Church.
3.The Worship Lab
• For further Bible study, please take advantage of these free resources.
1. Ligonier Connect
2. Credo Courses
3. Blue Letter Bible
4. Bible Gateway
5. Bible Hub
6. Got Questions?
As a Church Family, we are all united by the Spirit, encouraged by the Word, and share a common hope in the Gospel. We appreciate your efforts to stay connected as a church body during this time and thank you for your partnership in the Gospel. Continue to be a light in the community and have hope at home!
In His Grace,
Your Hope Chapel Pastors